Top Knot Carpentry & Joinery are looking for a WHS Officer to join our team based in Sydney.
This is an exciting role an experienced WHS professional to be responsible for maintaining safety policies, practises and procedure to uphold our standards of excellence in safety.
You will work closely with our HR Manager and will be responsible for ensuring our site and factory teams operate safety, following industry compliance across all WHS requirements and working to minimise and prevent occupational injuries and instil a safety culture in our organisation.
- Manage and maintain WHSE to meet legislative requirements and best practice standards
- Injury management e.g. workers compensation, developing Return to Work Programs and liaising with insurance and relevant stakeholders
- Providing assistance to Factory management, Site and Project Managers to enable them to comply with the WHSE policies and procedures
- Complete regular safety audits
- Carry out weekly new starter safety inductions for our factory team
- Promoting and encouraging WHSE commitment and communication across the business
- Develop and deliver or coordinate relevant WHS training programs
- Drive and actively participate in WHS Committee
- Comply with the company’s WHSE Policy and related policies.
- Comply with legislative WHS requirements.
What we require from candidates
- Relevant WHS qualifications
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a WHS role
- Background in a similar construction-based role
- Commitment to upholding and enhancing WHSE culture
- Ability to act professionally and manage incidents
- Meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Australian Resident or Citizen with full working rights
What we can offer
- Excellent and supportive team
- Growth within the company
- Attractive salary and incentives
- Free company gym and personal training
What you need to do now
If you have the skills and experience to join our Sydney team apply now!
Top Knot Carpentry & Joinery is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
If you are interested in this or any other roles available within our company, please hit the “apply now” or give a call on +61 (2) 9565 1009, email@example.com.